Volunteer with us!
Come be a part of our amazing team of volunteers that helps bring McGill students home safely!
If you think you are a responsible and outgoing driver, dispatcher or shotgun, we encourage you to apply! Please read through our volunteer expectations and application process and then fill out our online application form below. If you have any questions regarding volunteering, feel free to contact us.
- You must be a McGill University student.
- You must attend a mandatory training session.
- You must commit to five shifts (each shift is normally 4 hours long) with a minimum of one dispatcher shift per semester. This amounts to about one shift per month. Many of our volunteers choose to shift more often.
- If you can’t drive, no worries! You can still volunteer with us as a shotgun or dispatch!
- If you are a driver, you must be 18+, have a full drivers license, and a clean driving record
- We accept international licenses as long as it’s a full license!
- Licenses we do accept for a driver position
- Any full license, even international!
- Ontario G2
- Quebec Probationary License
- Licenses we do NOT accept for a driver position
- BC N license
- Quebec Learners License
- If you are a shotgun, you must be 17+
Description of Roles
- Responsible for picking up and dropping off the car from our rental company
- In charge of driving students home safely while following all driving laws
- Must refill the gas tank before returning the car
- In charge of picking up supplies the week before the shift
- Sits in passenger seat next to driver
- Responsible for giving directions, taking care of passengers, communicating with the dispatcher and students to be picked up, notifying ETA and arrival to students, and creating a fun environment in the DriveSafe car
- Responsible for taking calls as they come in and dispatching them to different cars
- Dispatching can be done from the comfort of your own home!
Apply to be a Volunteer with DriveSafe!
Volunteer applications are currently closed. We’ll see you next semester!
If you have any further questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org